Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Funny Valentine


I'm having a great Valentines Day this year; Jace and I slept in late this morning, then I went to the store and bought him Krispy Kreme creme-filled chocolate frosted doughnuts (none for ME, I'm having oatmeal, toast and coffee!). Now we're snuggled up on the sofa for a little while; he is enjoying cartoons and I'm playing around on the laptop. What a great Saturday morning!

Jace's class wrote Valentines letters at school this week. He was proud of his, especially about the funny comment at the end:



It says: "Dear Mom, Thank you for helping me on my homework. you also do my laundry. But that's not why I love you. I love you because your my mom. You also give me an allowance. I'll see you later. PS: can I have a raise in my allowance? Sincerely, Jace

Nice try, son! He is a great kid, with a big heart and a funny sense of humor. I find myself being grateful for his openness and loving personality, because I know he may become more reserved as he gets older. After all, it isn't cool to be as close to your parents when you're a teenager. So I try to make time each day to snuggle and talk, and just enjoy my time with him.

Happy Valentines Day to everyone, hope you all are with someone you love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jace is such as sweet kid! That was so thoughtful of him to write you a valentine letter, even if he asked for a raise in his allowance.

I do have one question about him though, what's with the Indians hat? That's two pictures I've seen with that hat.

Glad you enjoyed your Valentine's Day. Luke and I spent ours with Mom and Dad and we actually really enjoyed it!

Lucas said...

So sweet. Glad you snuggled up with your baby. :) That just makes me smile. Your heart is so warm and your attitude is inspiring Nance.