Thursday, June 11, 2009

Supersize Me

As I headed toward work after my early morning community board meeting, I was absolutely starving! I had stashed a ziploc baggie of Grapenuts in my purse for my breakfast, but it just wasn't going to do... So I made a detour through Mickey D's and ordered combo #10 - the two sausage burritos, hashbrown and orange juice. I thoroughly enjoyed the first burrito, and should've stopped there. But that was easier said (or thought) than done!

Those burritos have turned into one of my few fast food weaknesses... I've worked hard on convincing myself that since it is a tortilla it is better for me than the ever-so-fattening bacon, egg and cheese biscuit, but still -- it is full of sausage, egg and cheese, and that tortilla doesn't counteract all those calories!! I never eat the hashbrown anyway, it is just too greasy and yucky to even consider. But why, oh WHY did I get the combo? I don't need that second burrito, and as I started my 9AM meeting with our marketing rep and one of the nurses in my office, I was lamenting, "did you see me eat that second burrito? Why didn't one of you STOP ME!?" Ack!!

So, it is Grapenuts for lunch, and a Slimfast shake mid-afternoon, plus some exercise over lunch. I didn't make it out of bed this morning to go to the gym, so I'm going to head there over my lunch break and try to get 40 minutes of cardio in. The hubby has done so well these past two weeks with his exercise and diet, it has been good motivation for me. Plus the thought of swimsuit weather is another motivator... maybe contrary to my previous post, I SHOULD wish for rain this weekend, just so I won't have to get into a swimsuit!

1 comment:

Tara said...

My thoughts on falling off the wagon of dieting:

Don't beat yourself up about it. You can't change what you did, so just get back on the wagon and move on. :)

And, if it makes you feel any better I had Luke go out and get me two cheeseburgers and a hot fudge sundae from Mickey D's at 9:30 last night. Yes, I'm pregnant, but I could have chosen a healthier option.