Friday, September 18, 2009

Under the Covers

That's where I've been for the past two and a half days, and just now feeling halfway human again. I was exhausted on Wednesday, after going to bed at almost midnight Tuesday night; had a 7am presentation to some physicians on Wed AM, and let both dogs sleep on the bed since Dave was out of town. Between the presentation jitters and the dogs, I don't think I slept more than a half-hour stretch that night. So Wednesday had me just draggin', and as the day wore on I continued to feel worse and worse, like I'd been hit by a truck.

I've been in bed for two days now, with aches, fever, and chills, and a splitting headache. Nyquil has been my constant companion, and I'm finally feeling somewhat better this afternoon. I hesitated to even tell my work that I had a fever, given our concern with the H1N1 strain, but I know that this was more sinus-related than anything, NOT the full-blown flu. I missed a couple of meetings, the Heart Association's annual Go Red for Women Luncheon, AND my speaking engagement today. Luckily my breakout session was one of six at that time-frame, so I think they were fine with being one session short. Trust me, they wouldn't have wanted me there presenting, all hopped up on Nyquil.

So, a quiet Friday night - hubby gone to the gym, son down the street playing at friend's house, and me, washing all the linens in the house. Now that I'm feeling a bit better, time to catch up on housework.

No comments: