Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I have had a post planned, about my new Canon (digital but not SLR) camera and my research on REALLY learning how to use it, not just point-and-shoot on AUTO, like I always have before... I figure I might get a little feedback and tips from at least one reader (my girl Lucas!)... but more on that another day when I have the time and energy.

Tired tonight, and it is only Tuesday. Jace had a basketball game at 5:30, which I took him to and had to leave halfway through for a task force meeting that lasted from 6pm until almost 9:30... this is a Junior League task force and it has been meeting for a year and a half, on restructuring the board. It has been a LONG process, and more than once I've considered stepping down because of time, but we are almost done. And, I've gotten some great experience on really reading, interpreting and changing bylaws and policies for a non-profit board, which is a helpful skillset to have under my belt. But, true to my post about my growth in 2009, I'm not signing up for additional leadership duties when this is done - I'm wrapping this up and not putting something else in its place. Well, maybe I'm considering praise band at church, but that's not the same thing... that's using my musical talent, a different side of my brain - we'll see what happens!

My college roomie "T" is coming in town on Thursday, and I'm looking forward to drinks/dinner with her. She's in final interviews for a TV reporter position here in Springpatch, so it would be great to have her back here. At the very least we'll enjoy catching up Thursday night, but hopefully she gets the job and I'll see her a lot more.

Dave's traveling more every week, with a new position as VP of sales in his company. Once he gets his sales reps in his two offices up and running the travel will decrease, but for now he is gone 3+ nights a week. We talked tonight about a date night this weekend, we both agreed it would be a really good thing. He is so tired when he gets home off the road, and really just likes to veg with his laptop and the TV, to wind down. But after he's had a chance to do that, it will be good to also have some time for just the two of us to catch up; looking forward to that on Saturday night.

Off to bed, an early morning meeting will be here before I know it.

No comments: