Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Three Years



"Hellooooo, my honey!" That's what you say in a silly, booming voice most nights when you call me from the road. And I love it. I look forward to talking to you, you're the person I think of when I want to share something about my day, and I know you feel the same... and I want it to stay that way.

I'm taking a cue from our friend Lucas' recent blog posts to her dad and her hubby, and writing you a letter on here tonight. You're on the road, like you are most work weeks, but I know you'll read this at some point in the next couple of days. Sometimes it is hard to believe it has only been three years since we said "I do" on that beautiful beach in Jamaica. We've definitely had some struggles, but I think going through the difficult time that we did a year and a half ago was the best thing that could've happened. Because we've had some ups and downs since then as well, but it is a whole different situation. We both know that we're committed to this and in it together, and neither of us is throwing in the towel just because things might get difficult at tiems.

I'm happier than I've been in a long, long time, Dave. Not that I haven't been happy in my life, but I've not been this fulfilled, I guess. It is a "me" thing, not just an "us" thing... I've done a lot of growing the past year or so, in several areas. And, I know you'd agree that you have, too. I remember that you used to tell me "This is just how I am, I can't change"... but you don't believe that anymore, and you have changed, you are willing to work things when you need to, and I thank you for that. Now, don't get me wrong, you can still be "difficult" to live with, and yes, your delivery still sucks at times, and - well, I could go on, but that would kill the romance. Had to make you laugh a little, though.

And that's what I love - that we can laugh together. You make me happy, you make me smile. Thank you for the past three years, my honey, and I'm looking forward to many more.

-nance

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to both of you! I am happy to have both of you as my in-laws.

Luke B.

Lucas said...

Awww, I've inspired. Yay! Happy Versary!