Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I've headed to the gym the last couple of nights and put in some good interval cardio on the Arc trainer, working my way back into an exercise routine. I've gotten pretty soft in my time off after my surgery, and then over the holidays, with all the food and celebrations. So getting back in there is necessary, and really feels good. I usually don't pay much attention to what's on the televisions in the cardio area, choosing instead to listen to my Ipod or read a book while I'm doing my workout. But for whatever reason I wasn't into my music, and last night I tuned in to "The Bachelor" for 40 minutes. No offense to anyone who watches it, but geez, in my opinion it is painful. I found myself rolling my eyes more than once at all the drama, and all the b.s. between Jake the Bachelor and six or more women about true love, falling in love, soul mates, etc. - what a load of crap. Now I remember why I never got into all the reality TV, especially the stuff like that. Tonight's workout was 45+ minutes, and I have to say it was much more enjoyable to watch "Biggest Loser"; some great inspiration on there, AND Jillian kickin' butt as well.

The other change as of late is that I finally bit the bullet and asked my physician for a prescription sleep medication; it is amazing to see the difference in both my nightly sleep and my energy level during the day, over the past week and a half. I absolutely have never had any problem FALLING asleep, my issue is I have woken up at 3AM for years, and then struggle to get back to sleep for an hour or two many nights. By the time the alarm goes off at 6ish, I am just getting back into a restful sleep. Not a fun way to start the day. It finally had become so bad that I wanted to try something, so my doc put me on a very low dose of Ambien. I questioned the doc about it, and she said such a low dose will not be an issue. Anybody else take anything for sleep, and if so, what and how long have you taken it? I am very glad that it is helping me, but wonder about taking it indefinitely, even if it does help me sleep.

That's all for tonight, gotta finish up some work and then off to bed.

I'm off to bed

No comments: