Friday, May 29, 2009

Old Schoolin' It

I'm posting in the car, how cool is that? The wonders of modern technology are amazing - we have this cellular card and I've already gotten a little work done this AM. Now I'm on to more fun stuff, like updating the blog! Our drive last night was long, left Springpatch about 4:30 and didn't get to Nashville until after midnight. The saving grace of the trip was listening to tunes - Dave has downloaded his library of CDs to his Iphone, and also synched it with Paige's, who has quite a library as well, courtesy of sharing with several friends.

So our tunes last night were definitely old school, and not the bubblegum stuff, as Dave kept telling me. Selections included The Who, Lynrd Skynrd, Neil Young, Neil Diamond, Loggins & Messina, Cat Stevens, Meatloaf, Boston, the Doors, and the Beatles. I actually knew a lot of what we listened to; apparently I only know the bubblegum Neil Young, but I did know a lot of the other stuff.

Now we're back in the car this morning, and have picked up my 22-year-old brother, who was in Nashville visiting some friends before heading to Ann's wedding. Dave warned him that he was in for some classic music, and Thom said he was up for that, and requested some Queen (for those of you who know Thom, you'll understand why we got a chuckle out of that one!).

Ok, the mobile card is working well but the computer battery is almost dead and the cord not going to be easy to reach, so I'm signing off for now.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Queen! That is funny! You know what is even funnier about it is that Thomas probably didn't even know who Queen was until they were on American Idol last week singing with Adam Lambert (who I'm sure Thomas is a fan of!)

Oh my, I'm cracking myself up!!